The photos in this album go back all the way to 2001, and during the intervening years I have gone through many different photo-management tools. As such, some of these photos have captions, some don’t; some are presented using Flickr or other web-based tool, others are simply lists of links.
- Padova, Italy in September 2010.
- Cape Town, South Africa, in September 2010.
- Venice, Italy in September 2010.
- Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, in August-September 2009.
- Guayaquil, Ecuador, in November 2009 for CIIC.
- Corfu, in September-October of 2009 for ECDL.
- Amsterdam in September of 2009.
- Denmark in September of 2009.
- England in September 2009 for ICTIR.
- Vista House, Columbia Gorge, Oregon, December 2008
- Buenos Aires, Pilar, and Rosario, Argentina, October-November 2008 for InfoLAC and the IMIA-WG-ED meeting.
- Bagby Hot Springs, Oregon, August 2008
- Smith Rock, February 2008
- San Francisco, for Macworld 2008, January 2008
- Australia, August 2007, for MEDINFO 2007.
- Stanford University, June 2007, for the 2007 NLM Informatics Training Conference.
- Havana, Cuba for the VI Congreso Internacional de Informática en Salud, Feb. 2007..
- Washington, D.C. for the 2006 AMIA conference, in November 2006.
- Buenos Aires and Rosario, Argentina, in August 2006.
- Central Oregon, taken in July 2006. [01-07-2007]: The layout of this album is a little funky; I’m trying out the latest beta version of Adobe Lightroom, and its web export features leave a lot to be desired in terms of flexibility.
- Mt. St. Helens, taken in July 2006.
- The 2006 Portland Waterfront Blues Festival, in July 2006.
- Arizona, May 2006, for my brother’s graduation from the University of Arizona.
- Manzanita on the Oregon Coast, in March 2006.
- Singapore and India, August-September 2005 [01-02-2007]: I’ve gone through and added a few pictures taken after 9/5/05, and removed a few superfluous ones from the previous set. [09-05-2005: Since I’m uploading these from India, please excuse the fact that there are no notes or exposure information, that the pictures have not been gamma-corrected, and that the thumbnails link to scaled-down versions. Bandwidth and time are both at something of a premium at the moment. Also, please note that there is a block of about twenty pictures that were taken by somebody else— I was sick, and my co-worker took my camera out sight-seeing since I was unable to go.]
- Wyoming and Rocky Mountain National Park, taken in August 2005.
- Alaska, July 2005
Less Recent Photos
These are probably only of interest to family or people who know me…
- Hanukkah 2004
- Cousin Noah’s Bar Mitzvah, New York, NY, October 2004.
- Las Vegas, September 2004.
- 2004 Rose Festival Airshow, Portland, OR
- Cousin Ross’s Bar Mitzvah, New York, NY, May 2004.
- Pittock Mansion taken with work’s new Canon Digital Rebel, March 2004 (My first time shooting a digital SLR!)
Downright Ancient Photos
- Herpetology Pictures, May 2001- If any of these are mislabeled or identified, it’s because I had to go entirely from memory. My field notebook is still back in Colorado. [Update 12-26-2004: I think at this point it’s safe to say that I’m not going to get that notebook back from the professor that had it. Mental note- when/if I ever become a college professor, try to always eventually return work to students.]
- Abby at the Chiricauhas
- The van, after blowing a tire at approx. 70 mph outside Wickenburg, AZ
- Catching the Western Diamondback Rattlesnake, Santa Rita Experimental Range
- Coachwhip snake, caught near Tombstone, AZ
- Collared snake, Southern AZ
- Leah with a reptilian earring
- Mike with a Phrynasoma
- Crocodile Hunter, eat your heart out- Mike with the Western Diamondback
- A nifty cactus at the Santa Rita Range
- A nifty flower at the SRR
- Scott with the Western Diamondback
- The Sonoran Desert
- Myself, with a Phrynasoma
- Just what it looks like- a couple of toughnuts
- The Twin-Spotted Rattlesnake… ain’t it cute?
- The ever-popular Western Diamondback
- Pictures from our visit to New York, Summer 2001.
- Misc. Pictures- These are primarily of interest to people who knew me back at Colorado College.
- Me rock climbing at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Micah and Kat, just after we moved into our apartment. October 2001.
- Myself, with the poster a former lab presented at the Northwest Regional Developmental Biology meeting in Friday Harbor, WA.
- This was taken during the first leg of the long drive back from Oregon to Colorado, just over the border into Washington along the Columbia River.
- Matt and myself, stopping for a snack while hiking at Mueller State Park in Colorado.
- Candice and myself, at Mueller.
- Carol, Martin, Candice, and myself before CC’s 2002 Masquerade ball.
- Candice and myself, at the Masquerade ball.
- Carol and Candice, at the same.
Note that all of the images on this site, unless otherwise noted, are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share-Alike license.
What does this mean? It means that you, the viewer, are free to use my photographs for any non-commercial purpose, provided that both of the following conditions are met:
- You provide attribution including my name along with a link back to this page; and
- Any derivative works you create (i.e. collages, alterations, remixes, etc.) are released under a similar license.
The full details can be found in the CC link at the bottom of this page.
Of course, if for some strange reason anybody out there should want to use any of my photographs for commercial purposes, or under a different license, drop me a line and we’ll talk.
This work by Steven Bedrick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.